Dr. Lu Zhang’s research interests cover the following topics:
- Sustainable building and infrastructure systems
- Disaster resilient built environments
- Human-building interactions
- Human-centered value analysis
- Building and civil information modeling
- Semantic information modeling
- Smart building and infrastructure monitoring and analysis
- Principal Investigator (PI), A Value-Driven Multi-Sector Stakeholder Decision-Making Framework to Support Disaster Resilient Communities, funded by National Science Foundation, 2020-2022
- PI, Assessment of Structural Steel Coating Applications, funded by Florida Department of Transportation, 2020-2021
- PI, Understanding Critical Impacting Factors and Trends on Bridge Design, Construction, and Maintenance for Future Planning, funded by U.S. Department of Transportation through Accelerated Bridge Construction – University Transportation Center (ABC-UTC), 2019-2020
- PI, Advancing Engineering Undergraduates’ Professional Presentation Skills through Multi-Context Communication-Training Activities, funded by Engineering Information Foundation, 2019-2020.
- Co-PI, Identifying and Tracking Emerging Transportation Trends and Indicators, funded by Florida Department of Transportation, 2019-2021.
- PI, Understanding Multi-Sector Stakeholder Value Dynamics in Hurricane Michael to Facilitate Collaborative Decision Making in Disaster Contexts, funded by Natural Hazards Center, 2018-2019.
- PI, Integrating Multidimensional Human Factors and Indoor Environment Evaluation for Supporting Human-Centered Decision Making in Indoor Environment Design, Pilot Program to Promote Cross-College Collaboration (FIU), funded by FIU Office of Research and Economic Development, 2017-2018.
- PI, Advance Florida Network Women in STEM Scholars Traveling Grant, funded by FIU Office to Advance Women, Equity, and Diversity, 2017
- Student Investigator, CAREER: Axiological Modeling and Simulation for Value-Sensitive Infrastructure Project Planning and Design, funded by National Science Foundation, 2013-2018, PI: Nora El-Gohary